RULES / Etiquette
Oceans Golf Club Rules
Golf Card [Closer View]
- Keep pull carts, bags and club carriers off the green.
- Repair ball marks and smooth sand in bunkers.
- Be safe! Let players ahead get out of range before hitting.
- Permit faster players to play through. It is a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front. If it loses a clear hole and it is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group.
- Move to next tee before recording scores
- Each player plays only one ball.
- Only players teeing off should be on the tee.
- USGA rules govern all play except as modified by local rules (usga.org)
- In the event of thunder and lightning, the course is closed and you should seek shelter.
Etiquette (Consideration for Others / Keep Play Moving):
- One trip to the bag, when possible - put one club up when you get the next needed club out
- Play 'Ready Golf' Be ready to play when it is your turn
- Leave bags or carts in such a position as will enable quick movement off the green and towards the next tee
- When the play of a hole has been completed, players should immediately leave the putting green.
- Always show consideration for other players on the course - don't disturb their play by moving, talking or making any unnecessary noise.
- Ensure that any electronic device taken onto the course does not distract other players.
- On the teeing ground, a player should not tee his ball until it is his turn to play.
- Players should not stand close to or directly behind the ball, or directly behind the hole, when a player is about to play.
- On the putting green, players should not stand on another player's line of putt or when he is making a stroke, cast a shadow over his line of putt.
- Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.